Mijas Costa, a Spanish hotspot
In the center of the Costa del Sol, is Mijas Costa located in the south. This region is located between the cities Marbella and Fuengirola. Mijas Costa is a popular holiday destination which has become increasingly important in recent years as a location for a second home. Beaches and golf courses are just steps away. In addition, the sunny climate and central location make Mijas a great destination. Because of the many white houses and untouched nature, you will find a piece of authentic southern Spain here.
About the municipality of Mijas
When people talk about the municipality of Mijas, it often refers to Mijas Pueblo and Mijas Costa. These two areas are best known among tourists, and are therefore more commercial in nature. But the other districts of this municipality should also not be forgotten.
- As Mijas Pueblo is a small village consisting entirely of white houses, a so-called Pueblo Blanco (a white village). The colored flowers, terraces and frames stand out colorfully against the white houses. Despite the tourism, the charm can still be felt unmistakably;
- La Cala de Mijas used to be a small fishing village, but with the arrival of many tourists, La Cala turned into a real coastal village. Long beaches, a bustling boulevard and restaurants where the fish is caught fresh every day. A popular piece of Mijas for a reason;
- Las Lagunas de Mijas is a part that is more modern and has more architecture. Las Lagunas has not yet been discovered by tourists and is a bit more urban. Especially popular with hip Spanish youngsters;
- As Mijas Costa is the entire coastline of the municipality of Mijas. This includes developments such as Calahonda, Riviera del Sol, Miraflores, La Cala, El Chaparral and Las Farolas.
Get to know Mijas Costa
Mijas Costa is one of the largest places on the Costa del Sol. This is home to some of the most popular locations to purchase property in Southern Spain. In Mijas Costa you will find the following developments:
- Calahonda is the largest residential area in Mijas Costa, and is almost a resort on itself. Very popular among holidaymakers and foreign residents. Calahonda stretches from the coast to high in the hills. You will find a wide range of real estate here. And many homes have fantastic sea views;
- Riviera del Sol and the Miraflores are also very popular with foreign residents and tourists. In Riviera de Sol you will often find apartments and townhouses. Miraflores, on the other hand, has a diverse range of high-quality family houses and villas;
- La Cala is very popular as a loose coastal town, but the entire region is known as a tourist destination. The beaches are no less than 12 kilometers long and include boulevards, beach bars and Spanish tapas bars. La Cala is a short distance from some of the best golf courses on the Costa del Sol;
- El Chaparral and Las Farolas are residential areas between La Cala de Mijas and Fuengirola, and are smaller than the rest of Mijas Costa. El Chaparral is the larger of the two. Here you will mainly find villas and the El Chaparral Golf Club. In Las Farolas you will mainly find village houses and small villas.
The beaches and sightseeing’s
Mijas Costa has a total of 15 beaches, each with its own character. Three beaches even have a Blue Flag status. The offer varies from long sandy beaches such as in La Cala de Mijas, to small pebble beach bays. Some of the smallest beaches are among the quietest on the Costa del Sol. On the boulevards of the sandy beaches hangs the seductive aroma of grilled fish, which is caught fresh every day. You will also find several bars and cafes here.
An advantage of Mijas Costa are the quiet residential areas within easy reach of the busy resorts of Marbella and Fuengirola. Mijas Costa offers excellent services and facilities, and a good range of houses. Homes in Mijas Costa are generally more affordable than homes in nearby Marbella. An annual highlight in Mijas Costa is the fair La Cala. An event with family-friendly festivities. Mijas Costa itself does not have many attractions, but because of its location – between Fuengirola and Marbella – the best of the Costa del Sol is a short distance away.
Tourist attractions in the municipality of Mijas include the bullring Plaza de Toros de Mijas and the beasties that serve as taxis. Both are part of the southern Spanish culture.
Living in Mijas Costa
Mijas is a densely populated area with both Spaniards and expats. The demand for housing in this region is therefore high. The supply and turnover of real estate are part of the reasons why Mijas is one of the most popular coastal areas on the Costa del Sol. In addition to being a haven for golf and beach lovers, Mijas Costa is also loved for its wide range of diverse bars and restaurants. View here an overview of the top 6 house deals in Mijas.
Currently, the housing offer in Mijas consists of luxurious beach houses, modern apartments and penthouses in a growing neighborhood and contemporary villas. An absolute top deal in Mijas Costa is this beautiful penthouse with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom and breathtaking sea views.
In addition, this house has a large terrace and swimming pool. The property is located in a quiet resort, just 3 kilometers from the Mediterranean Sea and Fuengirola. It also has its own parking space and storage. Prices start at only € 145.000, –