Buying a New Build Construction Project in Spain
If you are looking for a home in Spain, a house that is currently being built is also an option. Because of the crisis not only are there a lot of existing properties that have been repossessed by the bank, there are also many new construction projects that were never continued. Buying a Spanish villa or apartment that is still in it’s construction phase can be very appealing, but if you do, keep in mind the following points:
- To What extent do you have any influence on the final details of the build? Try to get your wishes incorporated while this is still possible.
- Ask for the building permit at the municipality
- Does the construction for the property to the municipal building regulations?
- Is there a municipal building permit for the property
- Is there a habitability certificate for the property ?
- Find out if the plot will be in you name, or that use is made of leasehold
- Is the property built in a legal urbanisation?
- Provide a financial guarantee, besides being required, it also gives you certainty that you will get your money back when the builder of the house once it is not finished in due time.