Shopping centres on the Costa del Sol that are definitely worth a visit
Every year, the Costa del Sol attracts many tourists. Because of this, a lot of shopping centres have established themselves in and around Málaga, which of course is also nice for the locals. This way, you always have a wide choice and the shops are never far away. In these shopping centres, you can enjoy the many shops, bars, restaurants, supermarkets, cinemas and so on! Because there is so much on offer, we have put together some fantastic shopping centres and their main assets.
1. Muelle Uno
At Málaga’s famous port, this beautiful promenade is lined with palm trees and offers impressive views of Málaga’s historic centre. A stop at Muello Uno is therefore definitely a must when in Málaga city. Next to the promenade are some nice shops, bars and restaurants. It is also worth to pass by during the weekend, because then there is a great market where locals sell their products.
- Shops: Timberland, Diesel, Lacoste, Tommy Hilfinger, Mango, etc.
2. Larios Centro Comercial
This shopping centre is one of the biggest shopping centres in Málaga. With more than 100 shops including an Eroski supermarket, this centre is perfect for a nice day of shopping. Moreover, Larios Centro Comercial is easy to reach due to its ideal location between El Corte Inglés and Vialia, close to the Malaga-María Zambrano railway station. Do you prefer to come by car? No problem, there is a spacious parking garage with two levels.
- Shops: Sfera, Natura, Pull & Bear, Zara, Stradivarius, Primark, Jack & Jones, Parfois, Yves Rocher, Disney Store, Dunnes Store, Encuentro, Foot Locker, Pandora, Massimo Dutti, etc.
Centro Comercial Miramar is located between Fuengirola and Mijas. In this beautiful shopping centre you will find everything you need such as nice bars, restaurants, more than 140 shops, a supermarket, a cinema and even a go-kart area. Boredom is certainly not an issue here!
Centro Comercial Miramar can be reached by bus, train and also by car for which there is a large private parking area.
- Shops: Primark, Zara, Bershka, Mango, Pull & Bear, Massimo Dutti, Xiaomi, Superdry, Stradivarius, Springfield, Sfera, Rituals, etc.
4. El Corte Inglés
El Corte Inglés has no less than five shopping centres in and around Málaga and is therefore one of the most famous shopping centres on the Costa del Sol. Two of these shopping centres are located in Málaga City (Centro Comercial Málaga and Centro Comercial Bahía Málaga), one in Mijas (Centro Comercial Costa Mijas) and two in Marbella (Centro Comercial El Capricho and Centro Comercial Costa Marbella). The most central shopping centre is Centro Comercial in Málaga. This centre consists of two buildings and a fantastic roof terrace where you can enjoy gourmet meals.
- Shops: There are numerous well-known clothing shops, a travel agency, supermarkets (Hipercor and Supercor), a shop with the own Corte Inglés clothing brand (Sfera) and much more.
5. Centro Comercial Rosaleda
For football fans this name will already sound familiar, because La Rosaleda is the football stadium of Málaga. It owes its name to the rose bushes that grow around the shopping centre. In this vibrant place you will find about 120 shops, great bars, restaurants, a supermarket and a 12 screen cinema. Parking your car is no problem here, as it has a three-storey car park.
- Shops: Bershka, C&A, Pimkie, Springfield, Promod, Toy Planet, JYN Calzado, Marypaz, Primor, Stylo, Women’s secret, etc.
6. Plaza Mayor
Just outside the city of Málaga and two kilometres from the airport lies Plaza Mayor. Many shops, supermarkets, nice bars, restaurants and cinemas come together here. The shopping city is divided into two parts: in the first part you will find all kinds of entertainment facilities such as bars, restaurants and cinemas. In the second part are the shops where you can find clothes, shoes, accessories and cosmetics. Perfect for a wonderful day of shopping!
- Shops: Pull&Bear, Zara, H&M, Mango, Stradivarius, Zara Home, Parfois, Nike Factory Store, Calzedonia, Primor, Yves Rocher, Friking, Woman’s Secret, etc.
7. McArthur Glen Designer Outlet
This brand new Designer Outlet centre is located along Plaza Mayor and has only been open since February 2020. There are outlet shops from over 100 brands, so there is something for everyone! The amount of places to eat is scarce, but that is no problem as you can easily walk to the restaurants in Plaza Mayor. Moreover, you can park for free and there is free wifi in the building.
- Shops: Adidas, Asics, Birkenstock, Callaghan, Calvin Klein, Diesel, Dockers, Ecco, G-Star Raw, Guess, Hugo Boss, Karl Lagerfeld, Lacoste, Levis, New Balance, Polo Ralph Lauren, Puma, Samsonite, Tommy Hilfiger, UnderArmour, Vans, Liu Jo, Zwilling, etc.
8. Vialia Centro Comercial
The Malaga-María Zambrano train station is located in the shopping centre, which makes it very easy to reach. This way, you can get to the shopping centre in a few minutes by metro from the centre of Malaga. Vialia is not the biggest shopping centre in Málaga, but it is definitely worth a visit with 80 great shops. Above that, there are also many entertainment possibilities because of the great bars, restaurants and the big cinema with 13 screens.
You can reach the centre of Malaga on foot in 15 minutes. Do you prefer to come by car? If you spend six euros or more in the shopping centre, the parking is free for the first two hours. Going to the cinema? Then you park three hours for free.
- Shops: Baileys, Bershka, Calzedonia, H&M, Cortefiel, Hunkemoller, Intimissimi, Kiko Milano, Massimo Dutti, Mayoral, Media Markt, Rituals, Sfera, Springfield, Stradivarius, Zara, etc.
Would you like to read more about these locations and about buying property in Spain? Then take a look at our other blogs!